Navigation: POP Community Forums Parenting Your Parents How to tell Dad he's in over his head… Reply To: How to tell Dad he's in over his head…


Hi Tamar,

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this difficult issue. If you feel that your father is being financially abused and you feel that he is incapable of seeing it or taking action, you may want to take matters into your own hands and call the Elder Abuse Hotline. Get as many details as you can about who, what and when this financial abuse came into play. Find other witnesses that may have noticed this financial abuse as well. Most states will allow you to make a report anonymously in case you may be afraid of those who are taking advantage of him.

If you feel that you need more assistance in this matter, please consider talking with one of our to help you come up with a plan of action.

  • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Jane.