Navigation: POP Community Forums › General Questions › Hard Time Getting Mom To Drink & Eat With Stroke & UTI › Reply To: Hard Time Getting Mom To Drink & Eat With Stroke & UTI
I’m so sorry to hear about your mother as I can see how many of us are trying so hard caring for our parents in their decline. It is never easy to see our aging parents suffer and that feeling of helplessness does not make it any easier.
Some suggestions you might want to try that helped me:
1. Schedule eating times for the same time everyday.
2. Encourage her to eat with others and not alone
3. Learn more about the possible effects of the medications she may be on.
4. Remember to take care of yourself during this time. The more good energy you can give out around your mother the better things will be for both of you. That’s what I found.
5. I also know that certified POP family coaches have helped a lot of people like you. Try one.